Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week 1 Reflection on PhotoStory Project

Photostory Project for EDLD 5363

This week’s project was a productive and fun one. I had used the Photostory software in the past just to add images in the past. I had never really utilized the different options. When I used them, it helped to portray symbolism to the story. In the readings from this week I focus on the comments in the from the Digital Storytelling Cookbook by Joe Lambert. I connected with Lawrence Anderson one of the peers in the class. We used the questions that were appropriate to the story that was closes to the storyline that we were providing. In doing so I was able to expand on my project. I visited my mother and found many photos that I never though existed. It took some time to sort through all the pictures. I still needed to search the Internet to find images that would allow me to communicate the meanings in my project. I did not know that Photostory allowed for the audio to introduce per photo and this was new to me. I utilized the crop feature to focus on the image, which allowed me to have a starting and ending to emphasize the meaning of the picture. Towards the end of the project I found myself playing with free audio. I had to lower the audio somewhat for the voice over to really come through. I found that using the software was a little new, but quite productive. I will use in the future in my job and for sending video gifts for the rest of the family.

Photostory Outline


1. Hardship of the time my mother and her siblings were growing up.
2. The support and love my grandparents showed their kids through hard work.
3. The introduction of my sisters and brother
4. Parent’s divorce
5. My mother’s advice to be successful
6. The success of her children in getting an education
7. My mother’s accomplishment in raising us
8. Goal accomplished time to relax.

In the creation of the project, we communicated with a peer and this included standard TL-V.D.2. Organize, coordinate, and participate in an online learning community related to the use of technology to support learning. In creating the actual video we used standard TL=III.A.5 Design methods and model strategies for teaching concepts and skills that support use of multi-based tools such as television, audio, print media, and graphics.

References:

Lambert, J. (2007, February). Digital storytelling cookbook, 1-30. Story Center. Retrieved April 4, 2009, from http://www.storycenter.org/cookbook.pdf.

Williamson, J., &. Redish, T. (2009). ISTE's Technology facilitation and leadership standards: What every K-12 leader should know and be able to do. Eugene, OR: International Society for Technology in Education.


No comments:

Post a Comment